Beware of Fraudulent English Bulldog Breeders
In the News
JUNE 8, 2007: The Today Show: Scam artists' new target: Dog lovers
MAY 31, 2007: Good Morning America: Cruel Breed: Scam Targets Dog Lovers (news story and videos)
Our Current List of Fraudulent English Bulldog Puppy Sites
As a service to ALL LEGITIMATE English Bulldog breeders and potential buyers, we have compiled a list of Current and Past Fraudulent English Bulldog Web Sites that may be viewed below (both those stealing our info as well as other legitimite breeders). We would love to be able to keep this list up to date so if there are any new web sites that should be added, please let us know. Additions to the list should be emailed to email@example.com.
Things to Keep in Mind when Buying a Puppy off the Internet
While the Internet is a great resource to help people find the English Bulldog of their dreams, unfortunately some people use it to scam innocent people out of money and out of a puppy. So PLEASE take the time to research breeders before you hand over your money.
- ALWAYS request a site visit to see the puppy. Even if this is not possible, just suggesting it will help determine if the breeder is fraudulent. Any legitimate breeder will welcome all visitors wishing to see the puppies in person. If the breeder comes up with some excuse about why a site visit is not possible, stay away from them.
- Quality-bred AKC English bulldog puppies are not cheap. If you see quality puppies being listed for what seems like a "bargain price" then it is likely a scam.
- If a breeder/kennel does not post a contact phone number, email address and owner names on their web site, stay away from them.
- Get everything in writing.
- The so-called "cheap" Bulldog is a myth. If a breeder is asking a price that just seems "too good to believe," then don't believe it! You get what you pay or... and that is a very sick puppy or no puppy at all.
- Get a list of references from the breeder and then actually contact them by phone (of course they may have a network of people they use to provide false references).
- NEVER wire money or send money orders/bank checks as these are untraceable. Credit card payments are the best method as most credit card companies do have fraud protection.
- Research the breeder on the Internet. Search on their business name and their e-mail address. Post on a reputable forum to see if anyone has had problematic dealings with the breeder in question.
- If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Trust your instincts.
Even We are A Target - List of Fraudulent Breeders
Puppychase Kennels is constantly being victimized by underhanded people stealing our puppy pictures and our customer testimonials/photos and trying to pass them off as their own.
PUPPYCHASE KENNELS ONLY SELLS DIRECT - IF YOU SEE OUR PUPPIES LISTED FOR SALE ON ANOTHER KENNEL/BREEDER WEB SITE THIS IS FRAUDULENT (NOT TO MENTION ILLEGAL) AND YOU SHOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. IF YOU COME ACROSS A KENNEL OR BREEDER SITE FEATURING OUR PUPPIES PLEASE EMAIL US THE LINK SO WE CAN ADD THEM TO THE LIST BELOW.
We thank all who have informed us of web sites that are using our photos and/or information. In most cases, we have been successful in having these web sites shut down. Unfortunatley, it is only a matter of time before they resurface.
Note: We do advertise on several breeder directories, but the e-mail listed will always be firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and the web link will go directly to puppychase.com or englishbulldogpuppychase.com.
Known Current/Past Fradulent Breeders using Our Puppy / Customer Photos (or our photos!) on their Web Site or in Advertising
- cuteenglishbulldogs.com: using our customer testimonials
- sweetsweetbulls.com - using our puppy photos
- rosalitabulldogs.net - using our customer testimonials (previously eleebulldogs.net)
- www.eleebulldogs.net - using our customer testimonials (previously bellarosabulldogs.net)
- www.bellarosabulldogs.net - using our customer testimonials
- cutestbulldogparadise.webs.com - Using everything from Puppychase Kennels including the photos of the owners, the males, the females, puppies, past puppies
- dimplesbulldogs.net - Using both our customer testimonials and our puppy photos.
- energeticbulldogs.net - using puppy photos
- crystalbulldogs.net - (formerly cutiebulldogs.net) using photos of our customers and stealing testimonials (even stupid enough to leave the "Hi Michelle and Jason" in the text!)
- cutiebulldogs.net - using photos of our customers and stealing testimonials
- elmopuppies.org - using photos of our puppies
- bulldogs.championpups.net - using photos of our son, our puppies
- samantha.championpups.net - using photos of our son, our puppies
- cocobulldogs.com - using photos of our son, our puppies, and our customers, plus have stolen our testimonials
- topbestbulls.com - using photos of our puppies, studs and females
- westendbullies.com - using photos of Peanut and Ginger as their breeding dogs
- edenbulldogpuppies.com (redirects to elibulldogpups.com)
- ebenbullies.com - using our family photo
- elibulldogpups.com - using our family photo
- aplebullgogs.com - using our puppy photos, customer photos, and testimonials
- ebpuppybasket.com - using our puppy photos, customer photos and customer testimonials
- visionbullies.page.tl - using our son's photo, our photo and photos and testimonials of customers
- homraisebullies.page.tl - using our breeding female photos (Sassy, Ginger, Bella, Bella 2, Savannah)
- www.omellabulls.com - using OUR SON'S photo with puppies! (Contact is Cadad rina, email is firstname.lastname@example.org)
- www.goldenbullies.com (using our puppy photos on Terrificpets.com)
- www.starsbullies.com (using our puppy photos)
- www.champbasebully.com (no contact info, only a form) Whois lists
email@example.com as email
- www.leksidebullys.com (no contact info, only a form)
- www.dominionbullz.com (Using Jason's photo on front page and puppy photo)
- akcpuppyarena.tripod.com/index.html: This site has gone as far as stealing our identities - saying they have a new born baby, name Chase, born in July 2007. They have stolen the text from our "About Us" page almost verbatim.
- Various Classified Listings
- www.mybullz.net (no contact info, only a form)
- pets.jaabu.com/ad/20283/Cute-English-Bulldogs-For-Adoption.php (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- www.bulldogchase.homestead.com (George Williams email@example.com)
- www.greatpupz.com (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Other Known Active Fraudulent/Scam Bulldog Breeders
- www.goergebulldogs.com (email@example.com)
- wrinklebulldogs.hpage.com (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- www.mybulldogplace.com (email@example.com)
- www.globulldogs.net (they even have the audacity to use the phone number of a real company for their contact when people fill in their web form to request more information - read what the owner of the real company had to say about this phone number problem)